Tuesday 4 November 2014

Something happened this week, it comes with a TRIGGER WARNING.

Something happened this week.
TRIGGER WARNING, 
OOOOOH HUGE TRIGGER WARNING.
Not to me , but it affects me, because you know what it could have been me, if my parent 
hadn't loved me the way she did. The way she does. Despite and all with my differences and deficiencies, she takes the time and care to have me as I am.
A mother killed her child this week, and the world at large is saying poor her, she must have been so overwhelmed and mentally unwell.
POOR HER? SHE THREW HER CHILD OFF A BRIDGE! CAN YOU IMAGINE THE TERROR THAT CHILD MUST HAVE FELT AS HE FLEW THROUGH THE AIR THE WATER RUSHING UP AT HIM IN A HUGE DARK HORROR?! CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT SOMEONE HE LOVED AND TRUSTED TOSSED HIM INTO COLD WET HORRIFIC DEATH!?
OH MY GOD!
That poor child.
That poor child!
But the world says poor her, she was going through so much, I understand why she did it.
I understand how hundreds of children die at the hands of parents and caregivers every year because they were exhausted, because they couldn't deal , because they were single parents , because because because because because because because because,
because of a million and one reasons.
The only reason a child with autism dies at the hands of a parent or caregiver is because he is autistic.
The only reason a child with autism is MURDERED at the hands of a parent or caregiver is because
she is AUTISTIC!
This is disgusting, it makes my tummy hurt, it makes my heart ache and I think of the tiny child I'm growing inside me. S/he will be so loved, s/he will be ACCEPTED EXACTLY AS S/HE IS.
But s/he has to grow up in a world where a mother throws her son off a bridge.
Because that boy is like his/her mother.
Because that boy had autsim.
Of couse there were many other factors, there always are, but the difference being, if this young boy in love with soft fuzzy hats and stuffed animals had been neurotypical and verbal, the Queen of Hearts would be calling for her head, along with the rest of the world.
Had he been a neurotypical child, the phone call she made to report her own actions to the police would have been labeled as planning, predestined thought, but because he wasn't it was an act of MERCY?!
An act of mercy, of desperation.
I call BULLSHIT.
The abuse and murder of neurodivergent people MUST NOT GO UNPUNISHED!
IT HAS TO STOP.
There should be no ''understanding why they did it'' when this happens to a child
a person, AT ANY TIME.
Often the argument I hear is "how would you even know, unless you've been through what they have?"
Karla's ASD Page I think said it best. 
I DON'T NEED TO WALK IN THEIR SHOES TO KNOW THAT KILLING MY OWN CHILD IS WRONG, %100 OF THE TIME.
Thank you, thank you , thank you to all the gorgeous loving

parents that I have the absolute honor of knowing, because

you make my heart hurt a little less when I think of how much

you love and honor your children, exactly as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment